STEVENS PARK GOLF COURSE - Dallas, Texas
Type of work: Renovation (2011)
Course Established: 1924
Original Architect: Jackie Burke Sr.
Director of Golf: Jim Henderson, PGA
Superintendent: Frank Hutcheson
Construction Company: Wadsworth Golf
The City of Dallas contracted with Colligan Golf Design to renovate the nearly 90 year old golf course. The goal at Stevens Park was to create the most user friendly, aesthetically pleasing public golf facility possible given the site constraints and budget. Twelve of the holes were rerouted which added over 500 yards of distance to the course and now all golfers can hit driver on all par 4's and par 5's if so desired. The primary key to the routing was the reversal of holes 13-17. The brightest star of this bunch is now the par- 4 15th. This hole offers an elevated tee of some 40 feet above the fairway and the best view of 'Big D' to be found anywhere in the City.